The Ocean Between
IN DEVELOPMENT – Initial selfish interests and relationships from the past stand in the way for a Cuban-Norwegian couple, before they discover the true bond of love.
The Ocean Between is a film about love and belonging, that talks to several generations, across borders. The story shows how difficult it can be to trust love and to find home, in a world that is sometimes too small, and other times too large.
(TRAILER) Tailer also available on VIMEO.
(PILOT) Piloten also available onVIMEO.
Writer and director: Guro Rugstad Jenssen
Locations: Havanna, Cuba and Nordland, Norway
Main cast: Leticia Gutierrez and Ola Furuseth.
* Video pilot available from mid-October 2013.
* 3rd draft screenplay in English available.
* Script development supported by The Norwegian Film Institute, script consultant Edvard N. Rønning.
* Sources 2 script consultation by Miguel Machalzki.
* Roughly estimated budget: 10 million NOK.
* Production Service in Cuba: “Shoot Cuba”, represented by Luis Lago and Miguel J. Mendoza.
* Habana cast and locations defined.
* Production designer Carlos Urdanivia.
* Seeking main producer and project development.
Mads Sjøgård Pettersen
Sofia Aleksandra Osmundsvaag